Welcome to the Art and Design Page
“Every artist was first an amateur”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
On this page, you will find useful information related to the topics covered in Art across the school as well as the way in which skills progress in the subject throughout the school. The gallery below will provide you will photographs of ‘Art in action’ across the school.
The Art Curriculum
Art is taught once every term and by the end of each key stage, children will have covered a range of topics including drawing, painting, collage, printing, and sculpture. As there are a lot of skills to teach which means sometimes the topics are alternated in each year group.
Click here to download our Art Curriculum document.
How we teach Art at Red Hall
Our Art Curriculum aims to provides our pupils with creative and rich learning experiences as well as to provide opportunities to inspire curiosity. We view Art as an opportunity for pupils to be creative and imaginative.
- Each term there is an Art focus in every class.
- When focusing on skills required, the children will learn different techniques to build up to a final project at the end of the term.
- The children will learn about significant artists, movements, and influences.
- Children have the freedom to choose their own products and we follow the children’s interests as best we can.
- Each Key Stage has challenge areas for the children to access.
- We enter Art Competitions and hold Art Exhibitions to showcase the artwork the children have created.
Here are two entries into Preston Park’s Easter Exhibition. Their artwork is EGGcellent!
Here are some photos of the children in their Art Lessons…