‘Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!‘ – Paul Brant
Our teacher is Miss Newhouse and our amazing teaching assistant is Mrs Pidgeon. This year we also have the lovely Miss Whittle in our class, who is training to become a teacher. Miss Newhouse, Mrs Pidgeon and Miss Whittle always want us to be the best we can be and reach our full potential in everything that we do! We know that it is OK to make mistakes and that this is part of our learning journey.
In Class 2 we are doing this very differently this year! Instead of everyone sitting at tables in a formal manner, we have introduced a play-based environment. We have challenges each week that the children complete and small group work every day. We have only been doing this a few weeks but already we can see the children love it!
The children have been making UK landmarks in the construction area, making phonic words from beads, solving number puzzles, organising animals into mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds and fish as well as researching their own questions on the computer. We cannot wait to see what else we can learn through play! Our children are becoming such independent and curious learners.
We have FINALLY returned to school! The children were amazing during virtual learning. Here are some WOW pieces that were sent in…
If you click here you can download our latest Newsletter.
It is really important the children sound out their writing. There is a video below which explains how to pronounce all the sounds to help your child:
- Phonics games – https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Timetable Rockstars – https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Free ebooks and Spelling games – https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ Our class username is Class1RHP and the password is Class1RHP
- Classroom Secrets Kids has reading, writing and maths activities – https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
- Topmarks has lots of games and activities for a wide range of subjects that can be played on a tablet or laptop – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
We have taken some photos over the last few weeks of the children learning in the play-based areas. If you want to see more photos check out our gallery.
email us with any pictures or videos. Your child has their own book that they updated themselves with learning or questions they do themselves. We could print off any photos or comments to go into their book.
- Homework is given out on a Monday and comes back every Friday.
- Make sure you read at home every night for at least 10 minutes and get it signed at least three times a week.
- At the end of each half-term, the children who have completed every piece of homework and read three times every week have a reward party!
- Each child needs to come into school in their PE kit every Wednesday.
|08.03.21||9am||All children return to school!|
|26.03.21||All day||Last day of this term.|
|12.04.21||9amy||First day of the Summer Term|