Nursery Teacher: Mr Hutton
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Morfoot and Miss Browning.
The children are at the centre of all learning in our Nursery at Red Hall Primary School. We follow their interests and fascinations, listening to any questions they have and encouraging exploration and wonder. We document this learning in our floor books, wall displays and in the children’s learning journeys. We begin each half term with a topic, how these topics develop is completely up to the children. We follow their interests and return to them repeatedly, building on their ideas and provoking deeper thinking. We value every child’s ideas and collaborate with them in the learning process.
Children love to ask questions, it is one way they make sense of the world. Children are able to pose questions to us and investigate the answers; we want to allow them to feel in charge of their own learning. We aim to use inquiry-based approaches to learning to promote investigation, in turn creating interesting, engaging and meaningful learning for the children.
Our learning environment has strong Reggio Emilia and Montessori influences. We use natural, recycled materials, which support open-ended play and encourage children to use their imagination. Every aspect of the environment is carefully thought out to encourage independence and to inspire the children. We do not just learn indoors, we take our learning outdoors as often as possible, in all weathers! We do various activities every day and send parents a message via Marvellousme to inform you of what your child is learning.
We are trialling in the moment planning so we can respond to the children’s interests as they develop. We have also been trialling Tapestry to log some of our children’s learning. If your child has been added, you will have received an invitation to access this. We would love to hear your feedback on this.
Our new Topic for Autumn is “Tell me a story…”, we will be sharing lots of our favourite stories as a class but also encouraging the children to talk about what they can see on the page, the characters and the events in the story. We can’t wait to read together and discover some new stories we love.
Reminders for children in school
- Each child must bring their book bag each day, along with their reading record and book.
- Please try to read three times a week with your child. We encourage you to re-read books with your child, this will help your child to remember repeated phrases and the more they see words the quicker they will become at reading them.
- Please label everything! Jumpers, cardigans and water bottles are essential.
- We do Outdoor Learning on a Wednesday but children have access to outside everyday, in all weathers.
- We use our outdoor provision daily so wellies and a change of clothes are essential, please bring a set in to leave in school.
- We encourage children to wear slippers when inside, so please bring in a pair to leave in school, that fit with our slipper policy.
Games and activities
Topmarks has a great range of subject related games and activities that can be accessed on a tablet or laptop – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Jack Hartman – I love to rhyme – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVophT8naUM&t=53s
Cosmic Kids Yoga Safari and nursery rhymes- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4CaR0syf1g
Dance Freeze – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UcZWXvgMZE
Action song – I’m so happy – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUXk8Nc5qQ8
Shake our sillies out – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03zqJQJRLN0
Our Photo Gallery will continue to be updated.