Nursery Teacher: Miss Egglestone
Teaching Assistants: Mr Hutton, Mrs Wilton and Mrs Morfoot
The children are at the centre of all learning in our Nursery at Red Hall Primary School. We follow their interests and fascinations, listening to any questions they have and encouraging exploration and wonder. We document this learning in our floor books, wall displays and in the children’s learning journeys. We begin each half term with a topic, how these topics develop is completely up to the children. We follow their interests and return to them repeatedly, building on their ideas and provoking deeper thinking. We value every child’s ideas and collaborate with them in the learning process.
Children love to ask questions, it is one way they make sense of the world. Children are able to pose questions to us and investigate the answers; we want to allow them to feel in charge of their own learning. We aim to use inquiry-based approaches to learning to promote investigation, in turn creating interesting, engaging and meaningful learning for the children.
Our learning environment has strong Reggio Emilia and Montessori influences. We use natural, recycled materials, which support open-ended play and encourage children to use their imagination. Every aspect of the environment is carefully thought out to encourage independence and to inspire the children. We do not just learn indoors, we take our learning outdoors as often as possible, in all weathers! We do various activities every day and send parents a message via Marvellousme to inform you of what your child is learning.
We are looking forward to welcoming all the children back on Monday 8th March. However, if we have further periods of isolation we will ensure:
- All children are offered three live teaching sessions a week, with a teacher or TA. These are in small groups and differentiated accordingly.
- Daily challenges set on our Early Years Facebook Group
- Themed pre-recorded sessions including Science
- Stories shared by EYFS Team
- A live fun session with the key children from their class on a Friday e.g. disco or scavenger hunt.
We will post daily on the Red Hall Early Years Facebook Group during periods of isolation, if you are not already a member please join our private group.
We really like to see how the children are getting on so please do share photos and videos on the Red Hall Early Years Facebook Group or you can email the school.
This half-term we have been exploring lots of play invitations, which the children have really enjoyed.
Our new topic for Spring 2 is ‘A moment in time.’
We don’t want to say too much but it is going to be ‘out of this world!‘ We launched our hook on Tuesday 23rd February in school and online. We can’t wait to explore this further with the children when we are all back together.
Reminders for children in school
- Each child must bring their book bag each day, along with their reading record and book.
- Please try to read three times a week with your child. We encourage you to re-read books with your child, this will help your child to remember repeated phrases and the more they see words the quicker they will become at reading them.
- Please label everything! Jumpers, cardigans and water bottles are essential.
- We do Outdoor Learning on a Monday but children have access to outside everyday, in all weathers.
- We use our outdoor provision daily so wellies and a change of clothes are essential, please bring a set in to leave in school.
- We encourage children to wear slippers when inside, so please bring in a pair to leave in school, that fit with our slipper policy.
Games and activities
Topmarks has a great range of subject related games and activities that can be accessed on a tablet or laptop – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Jack Hartman – I love to rhyme – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVophT8naUM&t=53s
Cosmic Kids Yoga Safari and nursery rhymes- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4CaR0syf1g
Dance Freeze – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UcZWXvgMZE
Action song – I’m so happy – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUXk8Nc5qQ8
Shake our sillies out – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03zqJQJRLN0
|Tuesday 23rd February||Hook for our new topic, in school and online.|
|Monday 8th March||Children return to school.|
Our Photo Gallery will continue to be updated.