“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think”
– A.A. Milne/Christopher Robin
In Year 5 our teacher is Mrs Marshall and our amazing teaching assistants are Miss Waters and Miss Clemmons. They want every child in the class to achieve their full potential and make good progress! In class 5 we love books and love to read for pleasure. We really enjoy our topic work – we can’t wait to be inspired and produce some fabulous pieces of writing and creative art work.
How your child is learning at home is very important. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email the School, and we will help you as best we can.
This half-term we have some key dates coming up..
- Tuesday 10th September – EDEN CAMP Trip
- Tuesday 17th September – Show Racism the Red Card Workshop
- Thursday 19th September – Jeans for Genes
- Wednesday 9th October – Bring it On 2019 The North East Exhibition for Future
In our Literacy lessons we have begun to look at how to write an Autobiography. We are looking forward to sharing some of our writing with you.. watch this space!
In Year 5 we also have a passion for reading and enjoy reading for pleasure. Each month we will be looking at a different author; learning about their life and the books that they have written. This month our author of the month is Liz Pichon.
Our Topic will begin once we have completed our HOOK on 10th September. Stay tuned!
This half-term we are focusing on Place Value.
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and is due in on Tuesday.
- Spelling tests are on a Wednesday
- Reading at home should be done at least 3 times per week. The staff in Y5 check children’s reading records daily
- For each Topic there will be a home project to be completed – WATCH THIS SPACE! 🙂