“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think”
– A.A. Milne/Christopher Robin
In Year 5 our teacher is Mrs Marshall and our amazing teaching assistant is Miss Clemmons. They want every child in the class to achieve their full potential and make good progress! In class 5 we love books and love to read for pleasure. We really enjoy our topic work and it inspires us to produce some fabulous pieces of writing and creative art work.
How your child is learning at home is very important. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email the School, and we will help you as best we can.
This half-term we have some key dates coming up..
- Easter Fair – Thursday 4th April 2019 13:30-15:00.
In our Literacy lessons we have been working on character descriptions. We have been looking at examples of character descriptions and love that the writer’s techniques make us want to read on! We can’t wait to show off our polished work when we have completed it!
In Year 5 we also have a passion for reading and enjoy reading for pleasure. Each month we will be looking at a different author; learning about their life and the books that they have written. This month our author of the month is Liz Pichon.
This half-term our topic has been Ancient Egyptians. We made death masks and pyramids and have learned about the discovery of Tutankhamun.
This half-term we are focusing on fractions.
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and is due in on Tuesday.
- Spelling tests are on a Wednesday
- Reading at home should be done at least 3 times per week. The staff in Y5 check children’s reading records daily
- For each Topic there will be a home project to be completed – WATCH THIS SPACE! 🙂