Where Learning is FUN!
Year 5’s teacher is Miss Henry (supported by Miss Stannard) and she wants every child in her class to achieve their full potential! In class 5 we love books and make time every day to read for pleasure. Miss Henry is the French Subject Leader so you can bet that by the time you leave her class you will be an absolute whizz with your francais! In class 5 we really enjoy our topic work and it inspires us to produce some fabulous pieces of writing. If you have time why don’t you pop down and we’ll let you read some of our work…
We cover some brilliant topics in year 5, including the Revolution, Darwin's Delight, Scream Machine, Beast Creator and many more! Our topics always start with a memorable experience and so far we have been to Beamish, Eden Camp and Darlington Theatre to name but a few. We research the topics in school and our visits always lead to brilliant writing afterwards…
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and is due in on the same day the following week.
- Make sure you read at home every night for at least 10 minutes and get it signed at least three times a week (if you have lost or forgotten your reading record you can always download one from the School Library page).
- Numeracy homework is normally sometimes table practice because by the end of year 4 we all need to have learned tables up to 12 x 12!
- There are usually some spellings to practise too.
- There will usually be some writing homework linked to our topic.
- Finally, we have our Topic Projects for parents to help with. Expect some special prizes for these!