“Play is the highest form or research”
Miss Newhouse is our teacher, she always wants us to have fun with our learning, try our best and become independent learners. Please check regularly to know important dates and find out what we have been learning.
Reception is a very important and exciting time were the children learn skills to enable them to become confident and independent learners. The children have lots of opportunities to learn and explore through meaningful play within our provision. The children will learn through a mixture of adult led and child initiated learning. Our aim is to create an inquisitive and creative learning environment to engage and encourage creative thinking.
We observe what the children can do, how well the children are learning and use this to plan their next steps. We document this learning in our floor books, wall displays and in the children’s learning journeys. We try our best to cater to the children’s interest to inspire and engage the children. We don’t just learn indoors, we take our learning outdoors as often as possible, in all weathers! We do various activities everyday and send parents a message via Marvellousme to inform you of what your child is learning.
How your child is learning at home is very important to us. You can email the School to share experiences or come into School and fill in a Wow moment for your child’s Learning Journey. By letting us know your child’s achievements and enjoyments outside of school we can build upon these experiences in School.
We understand parents cannot always come to all events we host at School.
Click here to see the full Photo Gallery for Reception.
- First day of School – Wednesday 5th September 2018
Our first few weeks will consist of settling in activities, speaking and listening activities and learning how to write our names.
We begin each half term with a new topic; how these topics develop depends on the interests of the children.
Our first topic will be Minibeasts!
I wonder where our curiosity will take us with this topic?
Our first weeks of Maths lessons will include: counting, number rhymes and recognising numbers.
- Children can bring sun cream in to apply themselves.
- Homework is given out on a Monday in your child's homework book and is due in on Friday.
- Each child must bring their book bag.
- Please label everything!
- We use our outdoor provision daily so wellies are essential, please bring in a pair to leave in school.
- Each child needs a PE kit for Monday mornings. They can come into School in their PE kit if this is easier, or we can help the children change into their PE kit.
- Make sure you read three times a week with your child. We encourage you to reread books with your child, this will help your child to remember repeated phrases and the more they see words the quicker they will become at reading them.
- Finally, we have our Points make Prizes challenges for parents to help with. Expect some special prizes for these!