“Play is the highest form or research”
Reception Cohort with our lovely teaching assistant Mrs Pidgeon.
Our teacher is Miss Newhouse and our teaching assistant is Mrs Pidgeon. Miss Newhouse and Mrs Pidgeon always wants us to have fun with our learning, try our best and become independent learners. Please check regularly to know important dates and find out what we have been learning.
Reception’s teacher is Miss Newhouse. On the first week the children all collobrated to make a Class sign.
Reception is a very important and exciting time were the children learn skills to enable them to become confident and independent learners. The children have lots of opportunities to learn and explore through meaningful play within our provision. The children will learn through a mixture of adult led and child initiated learning. Our aim is to create an inquisitive and creative learning environment to engage and encourage creative thinking.
We observe what the children can do, how well the children are learning and use this to plan their next steps. We document this learning in our floor books, wall displays and in the children’s learning journeys. We try our best to cater to the children’s interest to inspire and engage the children. We don’t just learn indoors, we take our learning outdoors as often as possible, in all weathers! We do various activities everyday and send parents a message via Marvellousme to inform you of what your child is learning.
How your child is learning at home is very important to us. You can email the School to share experiences or come into School and fill in a Wow moment for your child’s Learning Journey. By letting us know your child’s achievements and enjoyments outside of school we can build upon these experiences in School.
We understand parents work and cannot always come to all events we host at School.
Click here to see the full Photo Gallery for Reception.
- Topic Express Tuesday 22nd May 2018
- Sponsored Walk Tuesday 12th June 2018
- Disco Tuesday 19th June 2019 (3:30pm-4:00pm)
- Early Years Sports Day 4th July
- Saltburn Trip Wednesday 18th July 2018
In Literacy we have moved on from writing letters, now we are writing simple sentences and stories!
Look at some of our fantastic writing...
.This is mam dad and kitty'.
'Dog on the mud'.
The children were inspired by World Book Day to write about their characaters.
Also the children read the alphabet that was put up in Class and thought it was the ABCD song so wrote the final line to complete the song.
This half-term our new topic is, 'Are eggs alive?'
We found some eggs and learned for eggs to hatch they need warmth - normally for their mam to sit on them. We also have discovered not every animal is born in an egg for instance dinosaurs are but rabbits are not.
We are having our Topic Express on Tuesday 21.05.18 all parents from Early Years are invited! We would love to see you there to share our learning. Remember their is an at home challenge that you could complete with your child.
In Maths each week we focus on something different. This half term we have been focusing on: time, money, sharing, doubling and halving. Look at the fantastic work the children have been busy with.
We went outside and practiced doubling amounts.
Then back inside some children used the interactive whiteboard to share amounts using circles they selected.
- As the weather is getting warmer the children can bring sun cream in to apply themselves.
- Homework is given out on a Monday in your child's homework book and is due in on Friday.
- Each child must bring their book bag they were provided with in September.
- Please label everything!
- We use our outdoor provision daily so wellies are essential, please bring in a pair to leave in school!
- Each child needs a PE kit for Monday mornings. They can come into School in their PE kit if this is easier, or we can assist the children in changing into their PE kit.
- Make sure you read three times a week with your child. We encourage you to reread books with your child so you child can remember repeated phrases and the more they see words the quicker they will become at reading.
- Finally, we have our Points make Prizes challenges for parents to help with. Expect some special prizes for these!