Learning Through Play
Lullaby Lane’s aim is to create a happy and welcoming environment where all children feel safe, secure and valued. Our caring and approachable team of staff encourage all children to play and explore, think creatively and critically and most of all enjoy learning. During their time at nursery, children are offered a wide range of exciting and open-ended activities to investigate. We support them in becoming capable and confident learners whilst striving to give them the best start in life.
We begin each half term with a new topic; how these topics develop depends on the interests of the children and their curiosity.
We heard a loud bang outside and went to explore what it was. We found lots of debris and metal, we decided it must have been something from space.
Our topic is, ‘People Who Help Us’. I wonder what else we will discover about this topic?
We are learning how to write our names and focus on learning numbers to help us count.
- The role of parents and carers is very important to use. We have started a ‘Parent and Carers Committee’ and will soon be holding our first meeting. We want to provide a bigger voice to the parents and hope this will allow them to become more involved in the learning which takes place in nursery.
- We are starting ‘Points make prizes’. This scheme aims to provide fun projects for children to do with parents and carers at home. The more projects completed means more points, more points means more prizes. Please get involved!
- We have provided all children with a book bag and school reading book. We are hoping to promote reading for pleasure and quality time between children and adults at home. Please read 3 times a week with your child.
- Fire Brigade coming to School – 27th February 2019: We have arranged for the Fire Brigade to come into School to start our new topic, ‘People who help us’.
- Ambulance coming to School – 5th March 2019: A paramedic is coming into School to develop the children’s interests in our new topic, ‘People who help us’.
- World Book Day – 7th March 2019: Children can come into School dressed as their favourite BOOK character.