Learning Through Play
Lullaby Lane’s aim is to create a happy and welcoming environment where all children feel safe, secure and valued. Our caring and approachable team of staff encourage all children to play and explore, think creatively and critically and most of all enjoy learning. During their time at nursery, children are offered a wide range of exciting and open-ended activities to investigate. We support them in becoming capable and confident learners whilst striving to give them the best start in life.
We begin each half term with a new topic; how these topics develop depends on the interests of the children and their curiosity.
We heard a loud bang outside and went to explore what it was. We found lots of debris and metal, we decided it must have been something from space.
Our topic is, 'What is Space??' So far we have found out about the planets and made rockets.
I wonder what else we will discover about this topic?
In September we will learn how to write our names and focus on learning numbers to help us count.
- Come dressed as an Elf to raise money, the £1 donation will go to the Alzheimer’s Society - Friday 7th December 2018.
- Topic Express - Tuesday 11th December 2018 either 10am-11am or 2pm-3pm. We are going to close out Space Topic with reading stories underneath a star projector. This is also a chance for you to look at your child's Learning Journey.
- Christmas Jumper Day - Friday 14th December 2018.
- Whole School Celebration - Tuesday 18th December 2018 at 2pm. This is a chance to come into School to see what your child has been learning.
- Nativity Performance either 9:15am or 1:30pm. Tickets will cost £1 each and will be limited to 2 people per family initially.
- Christmas Party 9am-10am Friday 21st December remember your party clothes!
- Polar Express Friday 21st December at 11am. Children can bring a toy to snuggle up to and watch the film.
Lullaby Lane is CLOSED on 21.12.18 for the afternoon session. All children are invited in for the morning session.
The letter of important dates can be downloaded here - Important Dates Autumn 2
- The role of parents and carers is very important to use. We have started a 'Parent and Carers Committee' and will soon be holding our first meeting. We want to provide a bigger voice to the parents and hope this will allow them to become more involved in the learning which takes place in nursery.
- We are starting 'Points make prizes'. This scheme aims to provide fun projects for children to do with parents and carers at home. The more projects completed means more points, more points means more prizes. Please get involved!
- We have provided all children with a book bag and school reading book. We are hoping to promote reading for pleasure and quality time between children and adults at home. Please read 3 times a week with your child.