Nursery Teacher: Mrs Bradford
Teaching Assistants: Miss Sewell and Miss Chauhan
Learning Through Play
Lullaby Lane’s aim is to create a happy and welcoming environment where all children feel safe, secure and valued. Our caring and approachable team of staff encourage all children to play and explore, think creatively and critically and most of all enjoy learning. During their time at nursery, children are offered a wide range of exciting and open-ended activities to investigate. We support them in becoming capable and confident learners whilst striving to give them the best start in life.
During periods of isolation due to COVID, the Early Years Team will provide learning packs which will be issued to children. We will also post daily on the Red Hall Early Years Facebook Group with activities and ideas for home learning, which will support their learning when back in school.
During our time away from School, it’s lovely to receive all your wonderful pictures showing us your learning at home. Please do continue to share photos and videos on the private Red Hall Early Years Facebook Group or you can email us at school.
We begin each half term with a new topic; how these topics develop depends on the interests of the children and their curiosity.
Our last topic was ‘All about me!‘
The children absolutely loved learning more about themselves and their friends. We created a very special video to showcase our work.
Our new topic for Autumn 2 is ‘Read and Sing!‘
We would like to encourage the children to think about their favourite books, nursery rhymes and songs. Can they join in with their favourite nursery rhyme, do the actions or sing along to their favourite song? We will be celebrating World Nursery Rhyme Week on 16th November and we are really excited to see where this topic takes us!
- Each child must bring their book bag each day, along with their reading record and book.
- Please try to read three times a week with your child. We encourage you to re-read books with your child, this will help your child to remember repeated phrases and the more they see words the quicker they will become at reading them.
- We do Outdoor Learning on a Monday but children have access to outside everyday, in all weathers.
- We use our outdoor provision daily so wellies are essential, please bring in a pair to leave in school.
- We encourage children to wear slippers when inside, so please bring in a pair to leave in school, that fit with our slipper policy.
- Please label everything! Jumpers, cardigans and water bottles are essential.
- We are trying to encourage all children to wear school uniform, this will protect clothes from home as uniform is much more hardwearing.
Stories and songs
Our current story is Three Little Pigs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLR2pLUsl-Y&t=532s
Our next story will be Little Red Riding Hood – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W86K1jBJFI
Gummi Bear Song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q7-tzCCh3w
Baby Shark – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w
Tooty Ta – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea4TVg0_8Dk
Our tidy-up song is Spoonful of Sugar – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks4u1NFV4eQ
To be updated.
To be updated.