Lullaby Lane Teacher: Mrs Bradford
Teaching Assistants: Miss Sewell and Miss Chauhan
Learning Through Play
Lullaby Lane’s aim is to create a happy and welcoming environment where all children feel safe, secure and valued. Our caring and approachable team of staff encourage all children to play and explore, think creatively and critically and most of all enjoy learning. During their time at nursery, children are offered a wide range of exciting and open-ended play invitations to investigate. We support them in becoming capable and confident learners whilst striving to give them the best start in life.
- Daily challenges set on our Early Years Facebook Group
- Stories shared by our EYFS Team
We will post daily on the Red Hall Early Years Facebook Group, if you are not already a member please join our private group.
We would really like to see how the children are getting on so please do share photos and videos on the Red Hall Early Years Facebook Group or you can email us at Lullaby Lane.
This half-term we have been exploring lots of play invitations, which the children have really enjoyed.
Our new topic for Spring 2 is ‘A moment in time.’
We will be looking at ‘when I was born’ and sharing our hook on Tuesday 23rd February in school and online. Please can we ask parents and carers to email us the children’s photos from when they were born over the half term holiday.
Key information for children in school
- Each child must bring their book bag each day, along with their reading record and book.
- Please try to read three times a week with your child. We encourage you to re-read books with your child, this will help your child to remember repeated phrases and the more they see words the quicker they will become at reading them.
- We do Outdoor Learning on a Monday but children have access to outside everyday, in all weathers.
- We use our outdoor provision daily so wellies and a change of clothes are essential, please bring in a set to leave in school.
- We encourage children to wear slippers when inside, so please bring in a pair to leave in school, that fit with our slipper policy.
- Please label everything! Jumpers, cardigans and water bottles are essential.
- We are trying to encourage all children to wear school uniform, this will protect clothes from home as uniform is much more hardwearing.
Stories and songs
Some of our favourite stories include The Gruffalo and Fox’s Socks by Julia Donaldson.
Gummi Bear Song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q7-tzCCh3w
Baby Shark – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w
Tooty Ta – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea4TVg0_8Dk
Our tidy-up song is Spoonful of Sugar – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks4u1NFV4eQ
|Tuesday 23rd February||Virtual learning resumes.|
|Tuesday 23rd February||Hook for our new topic, in school and online.|
Our photo gallery will continue to be updated.