If you believe in yourself, you will achieve incredible things!
In Year 6 our teacher is Miss Henry and our fantastic teaching assistant is Miss Waters. In Class 6, we know that it is OK to make mistakes, as this is how we learn and find out new things. Miss Henry and Miss Waters believe in each and every one of us, and are always encouraging us to be the best that we can be!
As well as working extremely hard in all that we do, we have lots of fun in our lessons! This year we are really excited to have even more fantastic experiences. We are looking forward to more exciting Science experiments, lots of outdoor learning opportunities to inspire our writing and attending sports competitions!
How your child is learning at home is very important to me. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email the School, and I can help you as best I can!
Miss Henry 🙂
This half-term we have some key dates coming up…
- Visit from St Aidans (Transition) – Tuesday 30th June 2020
- Socially Distanced Leaver’s Picnic – Tuesday 14th July 2020
- Last Day of Term – Friday 17th July 2020
Quote of the Week
"Promise me you'll remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think"
A. A. Milne
Stay tuned for some of our fabulous work.
We absolutely LOVE our Maths lessons in Year 6. We have lots of opportunities to use concrete resources to help us to deepen our understanding of mathematical concepts, and like to represent things in different ways to show our understanding.
Times Tables Rock Stars is one of our favourite Maths games to play online! Each half term, we battle with another class in KS2, and the teacher of the losing class is pied in the face! We always try super hard with these challenges so that it isn't Miss Henry who gets pied!
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and is due in on Tuesday. This means that if you need any help with your homework, you can check with me on Friday or Monday. Homework given is a mixture of all our subjects - not just Maths and English
- Reading at home should be done at least 3 times per week. Reading Records will be checked on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at school. If you don't have it, you will read at break time!
- For each Topic we cover, there will be a home project to be completed.