If you believe in yourself, you will achieve incredible things!
In Year 6 our teacher is Miss Henry and our fantastic teaching assistant is Miss Waters. In Class 6, we know that it is OK to make mistakes, as this is how we learn and find out new things. Miss Henry and Miss Waters believe in each and every one of us and are always encouraging us to be the best that we can be!
As well as working extremely hard in all that we do, we have lots of fun in our lessons! This year we are really excited to have even more fantastic experiences. We are looking forward to more exciting Science experiments, lots of outdoor learning opportunities to inspire our writing and preparing for our move to secondary school!
How your child is learning at home is very important to me. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email the School, and I can help you as best I can!
Miss Henry 🙂
This half-term we have some key dates coming up…
- Thursday 3rd December – Santa / Elf Dash 2PM
- Friday 4th December – Christmas catalogue available!
- Tuesday 8th December – Virtual Christingle
- Wednesday 9th December – Carols on the yard 2:45PM
- Thursday 10th December – Christmas Dinner Day!
- Thursday 10th December – Celebration afternoon
- Friday 11th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- Thursday 17th December – Y5&Y6 Christmas Party
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and is due in on Tuesday. This means that if you need any help with your homework, you can check with me on Friday or Monday. Homework given is a mixture of all our subjects - not just Maths and English
- Reading at home should be done at least 3 times per week. Reading Records will be checked on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at school. If you don't have it, you will read at break time!
- For each Topic we cover, there will be a home project to be completed.
Current Topic: What is one of the most dangerous ways that humans are killing our planet?
We have been learning all about the Amazon Rainforest and the many benefits it brings to our planet.
Our topic has taught us lots about South America, using a map and understanding the terminology used when reading maps and the impact deforestation has on our planet.
Recently, we went out into our woodland and lived as though we were members of an Amazon tribe. We learnt lots about how people living in a tribe get their food, build a community, use plants for medicines, create clothing, create weapons for protection as well as food sources!
We are currently working on our extended write, which is a letter to Jair Bolsonaro persuading him to do more to protect the Amazon Rainforest!
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, should our bubble need to close, remote learning will be provided for your child via Google Classroom. The children have all been shown how to navigate this resource. Children also have 'Home Learning' books, which they will bring home to work in.
Please click here to view the expectations of Year 6 pupils during remote learning periods.
You can also access our Home Learning Timetable by clicking here.
Here are some links to some key learning websites which your children should access during remote learning periods:
- Times Table Rock Stars
Children know their login details and love accessing this - especially when we are battling other year groups! The multiplication facts your child will practice are personalised to them.
Emile is a brilliant educational website which has online games to help your child secure their understanding in Grammar, Spelling and Maths
- BBC Bitesize
There are a range of activities for all subjects on this website
A very useful website to use for History, Georgraphy and Science research
Quote of the Week
“Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts. ” – Albert Einstein