“We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.” – Luciano De Crescenzo
Our teacher is Miss Johnston and our teaching assistant is Miss Bowes. We want every child in our class to achieve their full potential and make progress! In class 3 we love books and love to read for pleasure. We really enjoy our topic work and it inspires us to produce some fabulous pieces of writing and creative art work. If you have time why don’t you pop in and see some of our work.
How your child is learning at home is very important to us. You can email the School any pictures of work you may have.
This half-term we have some key dates coming up:
- World Book Day – 7th March 2019
This half term we are focusing on losing stories and persuasive adverts.
As always, we have been encouraging the children to read as much as they can. The children have been keen to do their quizzes on Accelerated Reader and we have seen some fantastic results.
This half term we are focusing on multiplication and division as well as money.
Our topic this half term is based upon our visit to Bowlees Visitor Centre and Low Force. I wonder where the children will take this topic?
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and is due in on the following Tuesday.
- Please label everything!
- On Monday’s, it is the Monday Mile. Children can come to school wearing their Red Hall PE kit.
- Reading is a vital skill, we expect our children to read a minimum of three times a week. Please sign the reading record each time they have read.
- Children must know all of their times tables by the end of year 4, so keep practising every week!