We keep going. We keep growing.
In Year 4, our class teacher is Miss McMullen and our teaching assistant is Miss Johnson. We try our best in everything we do and make sure we have fun along the way. We understand it’s OK to make mistakes, as they help us to learn. We challenge ourselves, and feel proud of the work we produce.
I believe in every single one of the children in Year 4 and I will do my absolute best to help them to achieve everything I know they are capable of. If you have any queries regarding how your child is learning at home, don’t hesitate to email the school, or chat to me at the end of the day and I will help the best I can. Miss McMullen.
Spring 2 important dates:
- Every Wednesday, Year 4 will be taking part in ‘Rock and Pop’ learning and performing some amazing songs.
- Every Thursday, we will be swimming, so make sure you have your swimming kits!
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and is due in on a Tuesday.
- Spellings are given out as part of their homework and children are tested on a Tuesday.
- Children should be reading at home every night and have their reading record signed three times a week. They should have their reading record in school with them every day.
- We have PE every Monday, so children can come to school in their Red Hall PE Kits.
- Year 4 are also swimming on a Thursday, so make sure they have their swimming kits with them.
- We have a times tables test at the end of the year, so encourage your child to practice their times tables whenever they can.
This half term we are looking at writing a formal letter, a meeting story and character descriptions! We love writing for different purposes, and including amazing features. In class 4, we love reading books - both for learning and for pleasure - we read a novel as a whole class and read independently, either in the classroom, in the reading corner or in our brand new Lower Key Stage 2 library.
We cover some incredibly exciting topics in Year 4, and we always take into account what the children want to learn about. This term we are looking at Fair Trade food, where it comes from and how it is produced. Then we will be investigating Volcanoes, what they do and how they affect people. Keep a look out for information regarding our exciting trips throughout the year!
This half term we are focusing on multiplication, division and decimals! We love our maths lessons in Year 4, we always push ourselves to a challenge and are proud of the work we produce and progress we make. We also have a times tables test at the end of the year, so we are constantly learning and practicing our times tables so we are prepared.