Where Learning is FUN and ENJOYABLE!
Year 4’s teacher is Miss Mellor and she wants every child in her class to develop a love for learning and achieve the best they can! In class 4 we are amazing writers! So far this year we have written letters, diaries, stories, poems and lots more! In class 4 we also love reading books and make sure every day we read a book together, either in the classroom or in our new library to promote reading for pleasure. We have even had a trip to the local library where we all checked out a book and brought it back to school!
We cover some incredibly exciting topics in year 4, including predators, potions, the blue abyss and many more! Our topics always start with a memorable experience and so far we have been to The Blue Reef Aquarium and Wild Animal Adventurous. Our topic links to the writing we do in literacy lessons, so as you can imagine, we write about some pretty fascinating things! We have computing lessons once a week and this is also linked to our topic.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is due in on a Tuesday.
- Make sure you read at home every night for at least 10 minutes and get it signed at least three times a week (if you have lost or forgotten your reading record you can always download one from the School Library page).
- Children must know their 3, 4 and 8 times tables by the end of year 3 so keep practising every week!
- Spellings are given out on a Monday and our spelling test is on a Friday.
- Finally, we have our Topic Projects for parents to help with. Expect some special prizes for these!