We keep going. We keep growing.
In Year 4, our class teacher is Mrs Marshall and our teaching assistant is Miss Johnson. We try our best in everything we do and make sure we have fun along the way. We understand it’s OK to make mistakes, as they help us to learn. We challenge ourselves, and feel proud of the work we produce.
I believe in every single one of the children in Year 4 and I will do my absolute best to help them to achieve everything I know they are capable of. If you have any queries regarding how your child is learning at home, don’t hesitate to email the school, or chat to me at the end of the day and I will help the best I can. Mrs Marshall
|18.11.2020||All day||Class 4 returns to school.|
|11.12.2020||All day||Christmas Jumper day|
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is due in on a Tuesday.
- Spellings are given out as part of their homework and children are tested the following week.
- Reading is a vital skill, we expect children to be reading at home at least 3 times a week. Please sign the reading record each time they have read- even if this is only a number of pages.
- We have PE every Wednesday, so children can come to school in their Red Hall PE Kits.
- We have a times tables test at the end of the year, so encourage your child to practice their times tables whenever they can.
This half term we have focused on non-chronological reports and setting descriptions. We have been using descriptive language, and identifying key features using our model texts about goblins and a fairground!
As always, we have been encouraging the children to read as much as they can. Class 4 have seen some amazing results on accelerated reader quizzes and have loved reading our class novel together.
We cover some incredibly exciting topics in Year 4, and we always take into account what the children want to learn about. This term we are looking at Romans and what they have done for us.
We have produced some amazing pieces of work both in our Hook Books and individual books. We have made some amazing aqueducts and even got to try them out!
In science, we have been looking at teeth. We have conducted an “eggs-periment” looking at how different liquids effect our teeth and enamel. We have also started to look at the digestive system, and performed an experiment that was very popular in the class!
We have been so lucky to do Thai Boxing and gymnastics last half term in PE. We have loved learning moves and about a sport that we did not know about before. This half term we have kettle bells and athletics.