We keep going. We keep growing.
In Year 4, our class teacher is Miss McMullen and our teaching assistant is Mr Beadle and we want every single child to believe in themselves in order to achieve great things. In year 4, we understand that it is OK to make mistakes, as they help us to learn. We know that it is good to challenge ourselves, and we feel proud of the work we produce. As well as hard work, we also have lots of fun in our lessons too, with outdoor learning, art and Mr Beadle leading the PE and sporting events we take part in.
I believe in every single one of the children in Year 4 and I will do my absolute best to help them to achieve everything they can. If you have any queries regarding how your child is learning at home, please don’t hesitate to email the school, or chat to me at the end of the day and I will help the best I can. Miss McMullen.
This half-term we have some key dates coming up:
- Every Wednesday this half term (Autumn 1) we will be participating in Wilderness Schooling.
This half term we are looking at creating recounts, using classic Disney villains as inspiration! In class 4 we also love reading books - both for learning and for pleasure - either in the classroom, in our reading corner or in our new library.
We cover some incredibly exciting topics in year 4, and this term we are investigating the Stone Age, and discussing how life is different now to how it was back then. Keep a look out for information regarding our exciting trips throughout the year!
This half-term we are focusing on place value, addition and subtraction, fractions and times tables. In Year 4, we love maths lessons and we are always proud of the work we produce and the progress we make.
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and is due in on a Tuesday.
- Make sure you read at home every night for at least 10 minutes and get it signed at least three times a week.
- Children must know all of their times tables by the end of year 4 so keep practicing every week!
- Spellings are given out as part of homework and children are tested on a Tuesday. It is extremely important that children are practicing their spelling at home.