‘Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!‘ – Paul Brant
Our teacher is Miss Newhouse and our amazing teaching assistant is Mrs Pidgeon. This year we also have the lovely Miss Whittle in our class, who is training to become a teacher. Miss Newhouse, Mrs Pidgeon and Miss Whittle always want us to be the best we can be and reach our full potential in everything that we do! We know that it is OK to make mistakes and that this is part of our learning journey.
In Class 2 we are doing this very differently this year! Instead of everyone sitting at tables in a formal manner, we have introduced a play-based environment. We have challenges each week that the children complete and small group work every day. We have only been doing this a few weeks but already we can see the children love it!
The children have been making UK landmarks in the construction area, making phonic words from beads, solving number puzzles, organising animals into mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds and fish as well as researching their own questions on the computer. We cannot wait to see what else we can learn through play! Our children are becoming such independent and curious learners.
Our learning has now moved online! Miss Newhouse and Miss Whittle have split the class into two different groups and are teaching via Google Classrooms. Your child will have received an invite to Google Classrooms via their email address. Our Remote Learning includes a mixture of virtual lessons, recorded lessons and tasks set.
Each morning there will be a Phonics, English and Maths activity like we would have in school. Then there will be two afternoon lessons every day for your child to complete. The timetable will be updated every week which you can find on Google Classrooms. We also have Wellbeing Wednesdays and some No Screen Days.
Our home learning expectations have been sent out and you can click the link to read the expectations again Home Learning Expectations.
If you are having any issues accessing or completing the work, please ring the school office and let us know.
We have loved seeing all your photos that you have been sending in! Here are some WOW pieces that have came in….
It is really important the children sound out their writing. There is a video below which explains how to pronounce all the sounds to help your child:
- Phonics games – https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Timetable Rockstars – https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Free ebooks and Spelling games – https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ Our class username is Class1RHP and the password is Class1RHP
- Classroom Secrets Kids has reading, writing and maths activities – https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
- Topmarks has lots of games and activities for a wide range of subjects that can be played on a tablet or laptop – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
We have taken some photos over the last few weeks of the children learning in the play-based areas. If you want to see more photos check out our gallery.
email us with any pictures or videos. Your child has their own book that they updated themselves with learning or questions they do themselves. We could print off any photos or comments to go into their book.
- Homework is given out on a Monday and comes back every Friday.
- Make sure you read at home every night for at least 10 minutes and get it signed at least three times a week.
- At the end of each half-term, the children who have completed every piece of homework and read three times every week have a reward party!
- Each child needs to come into school in their PE kit every Wednesday.
|06.01.21||Class 2 start virtual learning.|
|09.02.21||All day||Parent Consultation|