|Number of pupils and pupil premium grant (PPG) received|
|Total number of pupils on roll||203|
|% of pupils eligible for PPG||61%|
|Total amount of PPG received||£163,680|
|Use of the Pupil Premium 2016/2017|
|Support for the family and pupil well being|
|Embed the strengthening work of a pupil well-being team which includes;
· Full time Family Support Worker
· Children’s Counsellor
· PCSO to support Attendance
· Learning Mentor
· Educational Psychologist Support
|£65000||· To establish early links with parents of children considered to be vulnerable
· To provide family learning opportunities
· To assist with improving overall attendance rates.
· To provide early intervention for pupils at risk.
· To ensure pupils are more able to focus on learning and, as a result, attainment and / or progress improves.
· To further improve behaviour around school / within lessons leading to improved attainment /progress of identified children.
· To improve transition to Secondary School through the Learning Mentor link and programmes of activity.
|Reward Systems for encouraging Attendance and Punctuality.||£1550
|· To motivate children and make them proactive in their own responsibilities of getting to school.|
|CPD for PSHE/Mental Health and Well Being||£600||· Further develop emotional/social support of pupils throughout the school day.
· Better staff understanding of Mental Health and well being.
|Breakfast Club and Uniform Support||£1000||· To improve attendance and punctuality for identified children. As a result attainment and/or progress improve too.
· To provide children with uniform if required to ensure they have a sense of identity and belonging.
|Marvellous Me app.||£1000||· To ensure better engagement with pupils and parents across the school leading to better progress of pupils in school.|
|Support for learning and the curriculum|
|Raising Staffing Levels||£45000||· To provide full time and consistent support in each year group, providing intervention and mentoring on a full time basis.|
|Continue to provide for pupils within the school’s learning hub||£28000||· To provide intense learning and nurture support which meets the personalised needs of the pupils within the hub.|
|1:1 Tuition/Support and holiday clubs for all pupils including the more able||£15500||· To understand and identify the barrier’s to individual pupils’ learning.
· To provide 1:1 and small group tuition in maths, English and phonics.
|Improved delivery of phonics and spelling teaching||£3000||· To raise standards in phonics, spelling and improve whole school attainment and progress in writing.|
|Increase opportunity and experience|
|To build on outdoor learning experiences whole school and further residential opportunities at Y6/Y4/Y3||£2500||· To raise confidence, establish team building qualities, social cohesion and create level of independence and to help older children to be ‘Secondary ready
· To develop outdoor learning opportunities across the school.
|Enrichment Programmes Development of opportunities to engage in the Arts.||£2000||To increase motivation and engagement in learning beyond the core subjects.|