|Use of the Pupil Premium 2014/2015
|Support for the family and pupil well-being
|enabled the strengthening work of a pupil well-being team which includes;
- Family Support Worker
- Children’s Counsellor
- PCSO to support Attendance
- Learning Mentor
- Access to behaviour support services
- Educational Psychologist Support
- To establish early links with parents of children considered to be vulnerable
- To help build expectations of parent and children and, in turn, their relationships with themselves and school
- To provide family learning opportunities
- To assist with improving overall attendance rates particularly persistent absences
- To provide early intervention for pupils at risk.
|Build on Reward Systems for encouraging Attendance and Punctuality.
- To motivate children and make them proactive in their own responsibilities of getting to school.
|Support for learning and the curriculum
|Raising Staffing Levels
- To provide full time and consistent support in each year group, providing intervention and mentoring on a full time basis.
|Develop the school’s learning hub
- To provide intense learning and nurture support which meets the personalised needs of the pupils within the hub.
|1:1 Tuition/Support for all pupils including the more able
- To understand and identify the barriers to individual pupil’s learning.
- To provide 1:1 and small group tuition in Maths, english and Phonics.
|Improved delivery of phonics teaching and intervention
- To raise standards in phonics and improve whole school attainment and progress in phonics.
- To provide quality CPD in the delivery of phonics teaching.
- To engage parents in phonics teaching.
|Increase opportunity and experience
|To build on outdoor learning and experiences whole school and further residential opportunities at Y6/Y4/Y3
- To raise confidence, establish team building qualities, social cohesion and create level of independence and to help older children to be ‘Secondary ready’.
- To develop outdoor learning opportunities across the school.
|Enrichment Programmes Development of opportunities to engage in the Arts
- To increase motivation and engagement in learning beyond the core subjects.